Youth Advocate Award - Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply to be the Leo Nevas Youth Advocate Awardee?
Visit www.unausa.org/usyouth and click on “Apply Now.” Applications will only be accepted online. Please do not phone, fax, or mail your application. All applications must be submitted by midnight, Eastern Standard Time on August 11 to be considered eligible for the Leo Nevas Youth Advocate Award.
- How will the Youth Advocate Awardee be selected?
UNA-USA is managing the process of accepting applications for the Leo Nevas Youth Advocate Award; the decision on who is to be the Leo Nevas Youth Advocate Award will be determined by the Leo Nevas Human Rights Task Force. The 2014 Youth Advocate Awardee will be announced in late August.
- Do I have to be a UNA-USA member or Model UN participant to be eligible for the Youth Advocate Award?
No! Any current or entering undergraduate student whose program is located within the U.S. may apply.
- I am a Permanent Resident in the United States; am I eligible for the Leo Nevas Youth Advocate Award?
- How much time off from school or work is required for the Youth Advocate Awardee?
The Youth Advocate should make him/herself available to attend the UNA-USA/UNF Global Leadership Dinner on October 22.
- Will my travel be paid for?
Yes. UNA-USA will cover travel and reasonable lodging costs associated with participation in the 2014 Global Leadership Dinner in New York.
- I am a current UN Foundation or UNA-USA Staff member/intern, can I apply?
No. The Youth Advocate Award program is not open to any current UN Foundation or UNA-USA Staff Member, intern, or consultant.
Still have questions? Email Ryan Kaminski at email@example.com.