Youth Advocate Award - Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply to be the Leo Nevas Youth Advocate Awardee?
Learn more about the award here and click on “Apply Now.” Applications will only be accepted online. Please do not phone, fax, or mail your application. All applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time on September 14, 2015 to be considered eligible for the Leo Nevas Youth Advocate Award.
- How will the Youth Advocate Awardee be selected?
UNA-USA is managing the process of accepting applications for the Leo Nevas Youth Advocate Award; the decision on who is to be the Leo Nevas Youth Advocate Award will be determined by the Leo Nevas Human Rights Task Force. The 2015 Youth Advocate Awardee will be announced in early October.
- Do I have to be a UNA-USA member or Model UN participant to be eligible for the Youth Advocate Award?
No! Any current or entering undergraduate student whose program is located within the U.S. may apply.
- I am a Permanent Resident in the United States; am I eligible for the Leo Nevas Youth Advocate Award?
- How much time off from school or work is required for the Youth Advocate Awardee?
The Youth Advocate should make him/herself available to attend the UNA-USA/UNF Global Leadership Dinner on November 3, 2015.
- Will my travel be paid for?
Yes. UNA-USA will cover travel and reasonable lodging costs associated with participation in the 2015 Global Leadership Dinner in New York.
- I am a current UN Foundation or UNA-USA Staff member/intern, can I apply?
No. The Youth Advocate Award program is not open to any current UN Foundation or UNA-USA Staff Member, intern, or consultant.
Still have questions? Email Ryan Kaminski at firstname.lastname@example.org.