2012 UNA-USA Annual Meeting
Highlights from the 2012 UNA-USA Annual Meeting
Hundreds of UNA-USA members gathered in Washington, DC for the 2012 Annual Meeting. Attendees heard from high-level officials from the United Nations, U.S. Department of State, and Capitol Hill. The meeting culminated with UNA-USA members from across the country meeting with their members of Congress to advocate on behalf of the United Nations.
For more videos from the 2012 Annual Meeting, visit UNA-USA's YouTube page.
Dr. Esther Brimmer, Assistant Secretary of State for International
Organizations for the U.S. Department of State, gives remarks before lunch in the Benjamin Franklin room at the U.S. Department of State. (Photo/Stuart Ramson)
The newly elected Council of Chapters and Regions Steering Committee is recognized at the 2012 Annual Meeting.(Photo/Stuart Ramson)
UNA-USA members meet with Congressional staff during Advocacy Day on Capitol Hill. (Photo/Joseph Catapano)
Former Senator and UN Foundation President Timothy E. Wirth talks with members following the energy and climate panel at the U.S. Department of State. (Photo/Stuart Ramson)
Post Conference Resources
- Download presentations from the Opening Session, Media Training, Membership Development, and Shot@Life sessions.
- Access our all of our toolkits, including materials on Membership, Model UN, Communications, Fundraising, and more!
- Read the Annual Meeting Program Book.
- See who earned our highest honors at the meeting.
- Read the 2011 Annual Report, providing analysis from the UNA-USA Chapter network.