2017-UNA Members’ Day Event Logistics
- If you can, get your UN pass early. Visit the United Nations Foundation’s New York office from 2:30–7:30pm on Thursday, February 16, to pick up your UN pass early. The Foundation’s office is at: 801 Second Ave, Suite 900 (go to the 9th floor). Don’t worry if you can’t get passes early; registration at the UN public entrance opens on Friday, February 17 at 8:00 am.
- Registration on Friday morning. Registration at the UN public entrance opens at 8:00 am. You will receive a UN Access Pass before entering security, so please dress warmly. You must enter the UN through the Visitor’s Entrance on 46th Street and 1st Avenue and proceed to Conference Room #4. There will be staff along the way to direct you. Bring a valid government-issued ID that matches the name you registered with.
- Do not lose your UN pass. You will be issued only one UN pass, and we are unable to provide replacements. Unfortunately, no exceptions will be made.
- Lunch will be on your own. No food or drinks are allowed in the conference rooms.
- The event agenda with speaker bios is here. The conference runs from 9:30am–4:30pm.
- Attend the UNA-USA Members’ Day Happy Hour. Wrap-up your time at Members’ Day and join us for happy hour at McFadden’s Saloon on Friday, February 17 from 5–8pm. This special event is hosted by the Southern NY State Division of UNA-USA. All members are welcome, but you must be age 21 or older to attend. Purchase your ticket for $10 here. One drink is included with entry.
- Stay connected. Tweet @UNAUSA and use #UNAatUN to share your Members’ Day experiences.
- Eat for a good cause. Dine at one of the following restaurants from Thursday, February 16–Friday, February 17 to get a 20% discount AND fundraise for Adopt-A-Future. Important: To be eligible, identify yourself as an attendee of UNA-USA’s Members’ Day and use the password “COO” (pronounced as: “cee oh oh”).
Hospitality Holdings will donate to Adopt-A-Future if purchase amounts by Members’ Day attendees exceed $1,000.
- Dag’s Patio Café (in Dag Hammarskjold Park on 47th Street near 1st Avenue)
- The World Bar- 845 UN Plaza (1st Avenue between 47th and 48th Streets)
- Library Hotel- Madison & Vine restaurant on the ground floor and Bookmarks Lounge on the 14th floor- Madison Avenue and 41st Street
- Lexington’s Lounge Bar- 130 East 39th Street at Lexington Avenue
- The House at Grammarcy Park Restaurant- 121 East 17th Street (between Park and Irving)
- Carnegie Club Lounge Bar- 156 West 56th Street (between Ave. of the Americas and 7th Avenue)
- Empire Hotel Rooftop Bar on the 12th Floor at Lincoln Center- 44 West 63rd Street
- Download the UN’s free mobile app. Search for “UN VISITOR CENTRE – NY” in iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon for the UN’s free mobile app. The app shows over 65 works of art and architectural elements of the UN Headquarters in the UN Plaza, Visitors Lobby, and Visitors Centre of the General Assembly Building.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.