The Model United Nations App makes you an ambassador to help solve the world's toughest problems. Geared toward teachers and community leaders, this app gives you the step-by-step tools to engage your classroom with the vital work of the UN. Real-life examples are used to explore today’s most pressing issues.
Without needing any previous knowledge of the UN or Model UN, students can become diplomats and learn leadership, problem-solving, and public speaking skills in a 60-minute lesson plan.
The Model United Nations App features:
- 60-minute lesson plans on topics like climate change, poverty eradication, and the Zombie Apocalypse;
- Detailed instructions on how to conduct a classroom simulation;
- Resources and country backgrounds for students on each topic;
- Model UN resources for any student preparing for a conference;
- A calendar of events for Model UN conferences and other multilateral events happening throughout the world;
- Access the PwC Economics of Globalization Financial Literacy Curriculum;
- Updated news from the UN, UNA-USA, and the U.S. Department of State; and
- Offline capabilities — no Internet access is required so you can engage in a lesson plan anywhere!
The Model United Nations App is brought to you by the United Nations Association of the USA (UNA-USA), a membership organization of the United Nations Foundation, and the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of International Organization Affairs.
The Model United Nations app can be downloaded in the Apple Store, or used on any mobile device using the web application at http://unausa.nclud.com. Please feel free to promote the app within your network and share the flier and instructional video.
The United Nations Association of the United States of America (UNA-USA) is a membership organization dedicated to inform, inspire, and mobilize the American people to support the ideals and vital work of the United Nations. For 70 years, UNA-USA has worked to accomplish its mission through its national network of Chapters, youth engagement, advocacy efforts, education programs, and public events. UNA-USA is a program of the United Nations Foundation. UNA-USA and its sister organization the Better World Campaign represent the single largest network of advocates and supporters of the United Nations in the world. Learn more about UNA-USA’s programs and initiatives at www.unausa.org.
The Bureau of International Organization Affairs (IO) is the U.S. Government’s primary interlocutor with the United Nations and a host of international agencies and organizations. As such, the Bureau is charged with advancing the President’s vision of robust multilateral engagement as a crucial tool in advancing U.S. national interests. U.S. multilateral engagement spans the full range of important global issues, including peace and security, nuclear nonproliferation, human rights, economic development, climate change, global health, and much more.