Country Selection and Country Matrix
On your registration form, indicate which countries your school would like to represent at the conference. UNA-USA does its best to assign each school at least one requested country, but we cannot guarantee country or committee assignments. In the event that we are unable to assign you one of your preferred countries, you may also request specific regions your school is interested in representing
Please consult the country matrix (high school country matrix and middle school country matrix) before registering to ensure the countries you are requesting have the same number of delegate assignments as the number of students you plan on bringing to the conference.
One advisor is admitted for free for every ten delegates. Any additional adults attending beyond the 1:10 ratio (in any capacity) must be included as an additional chaperone on the registration form. (For example, 10 students = 1 chaperone free; 11 students = 2 chaperones for free; 21 students = 3 chaperones for free, etc.)
- School Fee: $50
The non-refundable school fee is required for all schools to be considered registered for the Global Classrooms: New York City Model UN Conference. This fee is due December 14, 2012. Late payment will result in an invalid registration form, and your school will not be considered registered to attend the conference.
- Delegate Fee: $15 per delegate
- Additional Chaperone Fee: $25 per additional chaperone.
As always, if you have questions or concerns about the fee structure and schedule, please contact us at email@example.com.
After hitting "submit" on the front page of the registration form, the page will direct you to the payment section of the form. Fees may be paid in one of two ways:
- By credit card â€“ online or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By check â€“ To select this option, click on the drop down menu and select the pay by check option. The form will still be submitted to Global Classrooms: New York City Model UN Conference organizers. The check must be made out to "UNA-USA" and include the name of the conference in the "memo" section of the check. Checks need to be mailed to the following address:
Attn: Kelly Siegel
801 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10017
Important Dates to Remember
Review the full conference timeline.
- September 3, 2012 - Registration Opens
- October 15 - Registration Closes
- October 26 - Country Assignments Released
- December 14 - Last day to drop number of delegates without being charged. All schools are financially responsible for all spots they are registered for after this date. All fees are due.
- January 21, 2013 - Position papers due, email addresses posted in March.
- January 25 - Delegation Confirmation Forms and Video & Photography Release Forms Due
- February 2 - Conference begins at City College